Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Objects and Textures: Modern/Sci-Fi
Subject Topic: Warhammer 40k Space Marine Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Falcon
Legend
Legend

Posted: 12/06/2006 at 7:42pm | IP Logged Quote Falcon

I believe it's called "space marine", but I don't know much about Warhammer 40k, so correct me if I'm wrong.
I used the screenshots DSB posted HERE as reference, and I drew this robot thing from scratch (Except the gun I stole from FB), so as far as I'm concerned there aren't any copyright issues

I left out the shining skull and emblem, I can add them if you want. I also wasn't sure if it has fingers, so...
I hope you like it

Deep Sea Beast
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 12/06/2006 at 8:30pm | IP Logged Quote Deep Sea Beast

lol there not robots, there men, but they wear suits of powered armored.

I can go on for hours and HOURS about the lore of 40k! Basically in a nutshell, The human race is being eaten away by other races, (large insect like bugs, called tyranids..Witch-like elves called Eldar, the brutal savage Orks, and others. The Humans that fight for the existence of the human race are the Space Marines, (The men who amped up on drugs and surgery, then given suits of armor and tossed into heavy combat... Also the Imperial Guard, regular soldiers, The Sisters of Battle, an all female military branch of the Church, And Daemonhunters, who specialize in hunting malnelvant Chaotic heretics. Men worship The God Emeperor who sits on a massive Golden Throne one Earth. The Emperor is bascially dead but the Church likes the people to believe he's in a Coma. The Space Marines are the Emperor's finest fighting units. They stand a bit taller than a normal man, but are stronger and able to take wounds that would kill a normal man...

:::Five hours later:::

And thats how the Battle of Macragge went down! Dead to the last man! Anyway thx for the symbol! Anymore would be great of the ones I posted! Especially the Dreadnought! Again Thx bro!   

The Dreadnought

This is a Dreadnought from the front incase it helps you piece it together better:

Edited by Deep Sea Beast on 12/06/2006 at 8:36pm
Back to Top View Deep Sea Beast's Profile Search for other posts by Deep Sea Beast

heruca
Hero
Hero

Posted: 12/06/2006 at 8:49pm | IP Logged Quote heruca

Very cool, Falcon. Works well as a human OR a robot. Easy to keplify, too.
Back to Top View heruca's Profile Search for other posts by heruca

Futureboy
Legend
Legend

Posted: 12/07/2006 at 3:14am | IP Logged Quote Futureboy

I never did much with W40K. But I always loved the art in the Warhammer mag! Maybe I'll have to give one of these bad boys a shot sometime...
Back to Top View Futureboy's Profile Search for other posts by Futureboy

SeekerOfPeace
Legend
Legend

Posted: 12/07/2006 at 5:31am | IP Logged Quote SeekerOfPeace

I've worked for Games Workshop... Had to give demo games of Warhammer 40K day in, day out.

The problem with Warhammer is that you have to be rich to play. It's really expensive to buy figurines when you need hundreds to have a decent army. Not to mention that to buy a Dreadnought costs 50 bucks a piece.

I think the art is neat, they also have creative ideas but it's just way to expensive. At the beginning the prices were pretty low but they quickly increased.

Playing it with an electronic support pretty much solves this problem.

Beside that, I think that's a neat piece. The gun is sticking out too much though IMHO.

Back to Top View SeekerOfPeace's Profile Search for other posts by SeekerOfPeace

Bludragn
Mythic
Mythic

Posted: 12/07/2006 at 5:44am | IP Logged Quote Bludragn

Oh the great old days of buying these miniatures and painting them. I bet I have spent more then $2000 on miniatures and tanks. Chaos and space marines. I have many miniatures I might be able to take top down shots of to see how they look for use here. I will try it and post the pic and maybe someone here can clean it up because I wont have time.
Back to Top View Bludragn's Profile Search for other posts by Bludragn

SeekerOfPeace
Legend
Legend

Posted: 12/07/2006 at 6:27pm | IP Logged Quote SeekerOfPeace

Bludragn wrote:
Oh the great old days of buying these miniatures and painting them. I bet I have spent more then $2000 on miniatures and tanks. Chaos and space marines. I have many miniatures I might be able to take top down shots of to see how they look for use here. I will try it and post the pic and maybe someone here can clean it up because I wont have time.

That sounds like a really good idea actually.
Back to Top View SeekerOfPeace's Profile Search for other posts by SeekerOfPeace

djlittle
Legend
Legend

Posted: 12/31/2006 at 7:25am | IP Logged Quote djlittle

Hey all!
Yeah it's been months since I've been in here! Sorry, but I've just been too busy to have fun. Anyway, I found a bunch of free warhammer renders and I was messing around with the old "Space Hulk" Campaigns book and it got me interested in making a few renders. I am still new to DAZ, but I got a couple of decent renders.
These are probably way too big, but someone should be able to fix them, set the transparency and put the shadow on them. I have several more if anyone is interested. Anyway, here they are:

Marine with bolter

Marine with heavy bolter

Marine with chaingun

Sergeant with power claw and blaster

Terminator with heavy bolter

Chaos Terminator with plasma rifle

Terminator

Back to Top View djlittle's Profile Search for other posts by djlittle Visit djlittle's Homepage

Deep Sea Beast
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 01/01/2007 at 5:01pm | IP Logged Quote Deep Sea Beast

Nice stuff~!I love the Terminator Armor! Any chance you can give us some Ork or Tyranid nasties!?
Back to Top View Deep Sea Beast's Profile Search for other posts by Deep Sea Beast

djlittle
Legend
Legend

Posted: 01/02/2007 at 7:42am | IP Logged Quote djlittle

Thanks!
All I could find were the Space and Chaos Marines. I think I may even have something Eldar. I couldn't find any of the other stuff.
Back to Top View djlittle's Profile Search for other posts by djlittle Visit djlittle's Homepage

gop!
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 01/05/2007 at 6:30am | IP Logged Quote gop!

Nice work djlittle! The shoulder pads on the sergeant are about right, some of the others seem a bit big. I'd love to see more...

Got any vehicles eg. speeders, tanks etc?
Back to Top View gop!'s Profile Search for other posts by gop!

Gunmage Krys
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 01/11/2007 at 7:59pm | IP Logged Quote Gunmage Krys

SeekerOfPeace wrote:

The problem with Warhammer is that you have to be rich to play. It's really expensive to buy figurines when you need hundreds to have a decent army.

Expensive is an understatement!    I still game but only with what I have. I would love to see the Marines done for Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Black Templars. The iconography on these killers is awesome. Some one could have a great deal of fun creating extra stuff to put onto their armor. Perhaps BluDragon could do some 40kish architecture to go along with them.

I can provide paint schemes, colors, and other similar errata if anyone needs them, although the web site should cover just about everything.

And yes, tanks would be awesome!   
Back to Top View Gunmage Krys's Profile Search for other posts by Gunmage Krys

Metajock
Legend
Legend

Posted: 01/13/2007 at 4:35am | IP Logged Quote Metajock

Now all we needz to do is add some o' da Boyz and give it a bit of WARRRRRRRrrrrrrggggg!!!

(Can't tell I do Orcz, can ya?)

James

Scrying Eye Games

The Ravenlands
Back to Top View Metajock's Profile Search for other posts by Metajock Visit Metajock's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version